2 18 - Box question

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
I know that in suv's most cases that subs up port back is the best way to build it. But in the event of someone having space issue how could a sub up port up enclosure be done? Also how well would it perform?

Thanks

I did a guys car just two weeks ago with two Atomic APX 18's subs up/port up and it sounded just fine tuned to 35hz. Gonna toss it on the termlab in a week or so.
kew did you use aeroports or a slot port?

Aero ports. Box is a little on the small side and he's only got four 4" ports.. 2 -18".. But the customer is always right and that's what he wanted.. Don't get me wrong it sounds great but he's only got two Audiopipe ap1500.1 running them so they are far from jumping and a lot of cone excursion but when he does go with bigger amps I told him he's gonna have port noise.

I'm gonna get a video in a week or so

Aero ports. Box is a little on the small side and he's only got four 4" ports.. 2 -18".. But the customer is always right and that's what he wanted.. Don't get me wrong it sounds great but he's only got two Audiopipe ap1500.1 running them so they are far from jumping and a lot of cone excursion but when he does go with bigger amps I told him he's gonna have port noise.
I'm gonna get a video in a week or so
Nice ill be sure to check it out if you put on here. Im wanting to do Aero's because they are easier to tune, and if im not happy with the tuning i can always change them or cut them which ever way fixes it lol. But i would be doing 2 8" aero's or 1 10" aero depending on what i want to do when i start building. Im probably going to be looking at about 3k "nominal", and 2 Obsidian Audio 18v2s so this amount of power will do those nicely seeing they are only rated at 600rms per sub

Porting up works well if you have space constraints. Done it many times. Here's a Jeep video that we did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JWP6j98N_M
Speaking of... lol i just mentioned you in here.... Ill check the vid once i get off work. Well yea i have some space constraints. I do have mine box up to 10 cubes net now tho after all displacements. But i was reading and thinking what if i tried sub & port firing up. So i figured id try to get some input

No, not in that vehicle and it wasn't firing up when he did.
I see... I just wondering would it even be worth it as far as firing up the subs and port. I have 10 cubes net after displacement. and should be able to do that subs up port back or go subs and port up and have more space.

I would go for more box space if it was me. I plan on doing 4 18's no wall, probably going to have port up at the back of the vehicle. Try not to fire directly at the hatch. It's having a hard time.

I would go for more box space if it was me. I plan on doing 4 18's no wall, probably going to have port up at the back of the vehicle. Try not to fire directly at the hatch. It's having a hard time.
so your meaning fire the the port up as far back in the blazer as I can with out it directly firing on the hatch?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.