2 x Pre outs into 3 amp channels?

MrControversial

UK
Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my Alpine head unit and I'm a little disappointed to see that they have dropped the 3 x preouts (front, rear & sub) in favor of a 2 x set up (front & rear/sub).

Alpine tech support states "the new set up is not designed to run a system as advanced as yours":

Front Components

Rear Coaxials

12" Sub

6ch amp

(funny, i though this was a pretty basic system!?!)

The best solution I've come up with so far is to dedicate the Rear preout to the Sub ch on the amp and then use y-leads on the Front preout, splitting it across the Front and Rear chs on the Amp.

This results in the loss of Fader control and, as my rear coaxials run louder, I cannot adjust the dedicated ch gain as, due to the split, it now controls both front and rear on one side.....

I'm pretty sure there's a way around this, i just cant figure it out.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks for the reply!

You mean split the Rear pre out instead of the Front? I tried this... and I found that this resulted in the Sub Control also controlling the Rear coax's. And then there might be issues with the Sub EQ functions (an important feature for me, hence why I'm an Alpine fan) also controlling the Rears.

Grr, there MUST be some way to do this!...

You don't need front / rear fade. Adjust the amp gains to give the rear fill level you want and leave it there. You're gonna have to compromise somewhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.