2000 mercury mystique-first ever custom install and need advice

chefzane

Senior VIP Member
I am installing a system from front to back and need some advice. Its a 2000 mercury mystique(trunk car) and I'm not completely ignorant at this stuff just don't know some of the more intricate details. I will list what I have and have done then what I think I need to get and do. From there is where I need help. I know some of you will rag on me about some decisions in products used, I am aware of the limitations of these things and better quality will be purchased when the products I have fry so I don't need a list of buy this and that I need info on install etc. Here goes:

What I have installed:

Head: JVC KD-S39

All doors: kicker DS682 component systems (1 speaker each door, 1 tweeter on pillar)

Rear deck: audio pipe ts-vr8 8" 4ohm dvc 175 rms each x2

Trunk: kicker 10cvr124 12" 4ohm dvc 400 rms each x2

Door amp: audiobahn a4004j 50x4 at 4ohms

Rear deck amp: audiobahn a4002j 250x2 at 2ohms

Trunk amp: audiobahn a8002j 500x2 at 2ohms

Xover: planet audio ecb20 3 way active

What install I have done so far:

Installed head unit with the only connection to the rest of the system being the RCA cables and the remote turn on the remote runs down the driver side with the 8 gauge power cable to the trunk the RCA cables run down the passenger side to the trunk along with all doors speaker wires except the rear driver door speaker wire runs under the back seat to the passenger side and joins the other three doors wires and RCA cables before entering the trunk the rear deck is custom made panel that has a baffle board that holds the 8 inch subs and the terminal plate for them that is bolted to the top with a layer of weather stripping underneath to help seal the box that is attached to the bottom of the rear deck for them it has also been foamed in completely underneath and the rear deck is solid the trunk has a framed and paneled floor the box for the 12 sits on top of that up against the back seat frame it is 38 inches wide 16tall and 15 deep at the top and 18 deep at the bottom so it basically has a slant of 3 inches on the back side against the seat with the subs and the terminal plates for them on the trunk side and it's sealed the sides of the trunk have been paneled and framed the driver side rear pocket is built into a battery box that will have the distros on top and the passenger side is paneled into a cove and will have the amp rack and xover tucked there the side of the box for the 12 as well as the whole front between the backseat and the box and the sides of the car have all been foamed so that the trunk is completely sealed as well as the vent pockets in the rear corners basically the box for the 12 is completely airtight as well as the trunk area itself outside of the box

What I plan to do and need advice on

1 Run two lengths of one gauge wire to the rear battery with 1 gauge to 4 8 gauge distros coming of the positive and negative to the amps

2 Install hi low converter on the high side of the deck to gain two more sets of RCA cables for a total of 4 set to run the doors off two sets and two set to the crossover that has 3 output creating a four-way system: doors, bass, mid, treble

3 install six by nines and tweeters and another 4 channel amp

4 CCF and MLV in the doors and floors and trunk lid and trucks sides with CLD tiles on all the door and fender and trunk lid skins as well as a spare tire well and roof of car

5 cut 3 3 inch holes in the rear deck for a direct air coupling between the cabin and the trunk? This will create a sort of 4th order bandpass I think???? This one I need an answer on before I do it ASAP

6 build amp rack and install 2 push fans and 2 pull fans to force air over the amps and crossover

7 last but not least is finalize all wiring positions and mounts and install 300 LEDs in various spots locations all wired together to controller then I can add the padding and final material to cover everything

I am sure I have left a few things out on the sides of what I have done and what I plan to do but this is it for the most part any suggestions ideas creative solutions to problems not seen will be greatly appreciated I plan on entering this car in USAC and IASCA sq competitions starting at the Rookie level since this is my first ever

By the way I am in Tulsa Oklahoma if anybody lives around here that can help me out or has the équipement like a good RTA or sound generators(not phone apps) or even a term lab or equivalent to test all this it would be even more greatly appreciated just let me know and I'll give you my number

Thanks in advance to all those who help will post pics today in a build log

See I was right forgot that part yes I plan on going 1/0 pos and neg from front batt to the rear batt, 1/0 post and neg from rear batt to distros, 8 or 4 not sure yet from distros to amps and I know people hate these amps but they have always worked for me, till one breaks then gonna replace whole lot with a matching series from kicker, power was one factor in buying these but looks were too want matched so its a clean install ya know

8's were a choice in mid bass meant for under the seats for a little butt pucker and may still go there when i decide to build the box and move the seat twoo inches higher not cut the 3" holes and take out the box for the eights and put a panel there with a covered opening to the trunk and a set of speakers so I still have my midrange in the rear

The 6x9s(or should I get another 2 component sets instead of 6x9 and tweets) were for rear fill and with a set of tweeters up front in center of dash for front imaging those were to be hooked to the fourth amp so I have this setup

-Doors on 1 amp playing highs and midrange on front channel of cover with hpf set at 150

-6x9s and tweets (or two more comp sets) on 1 amp with the 8"s on 1amp on the rear channel with hpf set to 50 on the crossover and the lpf on the 8"s amp set to 110-120 to cover mid bass and bass blockers on the comps and tweets at 110-120 for mid high coverage

-the 12"s on the sub channel of crossover set to 50-60 and the subsonic on the amp set to 20 to cover low bass

Come on guys if this was a complete newbie u would bash him to death for doing and buying all the wrong stuff, but someone who is capable of doing the work and humbly asks for advice you have nothing to say, please can some one help?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.