2007 Mitsubishi Outlander Head Unit Install

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

I have a 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS with the Rockford Fosgate factory stereo. The factory head unit has a 6 disc changer built in and steering wheel controls. The vehicle does not have the navigation unit. I removed the factory head unit to replace it with a Pioneer DEH-X6900BT. I used the appropriate dash kit and wiring harness (Metra 70-7005). Connecting the Pioneer wiring harness to the Metra harness was fine, everything matched up fine. The problem I have is that the factory head unit had 3 plugs in the back of it: 1.Was the antenna plug, 2.Was the plug that the Metra harness connected to, and 3.Was a plug that was smaller than the 2nd one that I have no idea what it is for. After installing the Pioneer unit, everything started up fine and works (bluetooth, pandora, CDs, USB drive), the only problem is that no sound is coming out of the speakers. The factory Rockford amp is located under the passenger seat and is what I assume goes to the 3rd plug, which is not connected to anything. The Pioneer head unit does not have any places to plug anything in other than the RCAs. Does anyone have any idea what I should do. Below is a picture of the back of the factory head unit / CD changer. The white socket all the way on the left is what the 3rd plug I was talking about was plugged into. Thanks for your time.

m0oywchf5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.