2007 Silverado NBS stereo install

johnsLOST

2007 Chev Silverado NBS 4 door 5.3 OnStar - NON BOSE - NO STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS

I'm totally lost here. Please help. I got a new head unit, amp, speakers and sub. Dont make fun of what I got.

HU- Boss Audio BV9561B In-dash DVD Player

AMP - Kenwood KAC7005PS Performance Series 5 Channel Power Amplifier

SUB - Boss D10F PHANTOM 10-Inch 4-Ohm Flat Subwoofer

SPKRS - 4) NEW KICKER DS65 6.5" 200 Watt 4-Ohm 2-Way DS Series Car Audio Speakers 11DS65

Okay. I have the METRA GMOS LAN-01. How the hell do I wire this thing? I want to use the rca's from the HU into the amp but I cant with the LAN. The only inputs on the amp are RCA's. I've read 6000 forums and emailed METRA. I've looked at the wiring diagram pdf and I'm still at an impasse.

Would someone with experience please be kind enough to help get me through this. If you can't tell by my audio choices I'm too cheap to pay for a professional install.

Thanks so much... John

The rca's should come from the head unit. If your head unit doesn't have rca outs get rid of it.. The harness is pretty easy to wire just follow the instructions that came with it and crimp the necessary wires from the metra harness to the head unit harness.

page 6 of the owners manual show you what you have to do. But you will also need to have the sp-2003 auxilary door chime speaker. the x's in the pic mean to cut those wires. The pic in the manual shows on the right side the 30 pin connector and has wire directing to front amp and rear amp. those wires are going to connect to the output of the amp. do not use the input speaker wires of the gmos. basically rca's go from head to amp. output of amp goes to 30 pin connector.

Crossover.. you the man. That is what I needed to know. The HU does have rcs'a. The wiring diagram "appears" to me me like I have to attach the HU speaker wires directly to the LAN. Now I see how its supposed to go. Thank you so much.. Go Beavers..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.