2014 F150 w/sony nav and sync please help

I want to add 2 amps and a lc6i. I called a car audio shop and they told me it is not possible. Is this true? I personally don't think so, then I showed up to another shop and at first he was a little hesitant or unsure but then he said it is possible. The first guy said it's not possible because of the sync,and that the key chime would be too loud. Also that there would be a lot of engine noise... Someone help me understand this. BTW, I want to add an MB Quart 800.4 and 1500.1 mono. Thank you...

the sony dsp makes it challenging. It is possible I did one not that long ago but what a pain in the ***. all conections must be made after the dsp in order to maintain function of the stereo.

Ok sorry, so the DSP is the audio control correct? If so , then it is possible like you said. But a pain in the ***. Ok, we'll I will be taking it to a car audio installer. Hopefully the one I pick does a nice job, and more importantly knows what he's doing. I really want this to come out right. With that being said the one you worked on, how did it sound? Did you have to add an EQ? Or the DSP does the job? I notice when I turn it up, the bass and the treble sometimes sounds like it needs to be adjusted. (On my stock HU) Thanks.

I wanted to add an eq because the factory control is not that great but the customer didnt have the money for it. I would suggest for you to put in an eq or something equivalent if you want more control than what the factory head offers. as for the bass and treble needing adjustment I would make sure the asl is off.

Thanks man! I appreciate this info. If I can find a place to put the EQ in my truck I will add one! I'm happy to hear this is possible. I miss having loud music in my car! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks again!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.