FEATURED 2023 Chevrolet Colorado Trail Boss

Kicker has been around for so many years. Ive never had an issue with theyre products all these years. all my ZR amps still work excellent. The older KS25 1" tweeters have been solid for me as well, and my KQ9 Eqs. My first large system was 4 ten inch old Gold series Stillwaters,and were some chest bangers. kicker still make pretty decent audio gear. They will get it fixed if need be, or send a new one out Im sure.
Remember when Kicker came out with the round Solobarics. I thought I was the sh!t when I had two of those 12's in my 1994 Honda Civic....lol

Remember when Kicker came out with the round Solobarics. I thought I was the sh!t when I had two of those 12's in my 1994 Honda Civic....lol
I got one 10 left out of six i was going to sell a couple years ago. I sold off all my square DVC2 ohm versions silver cones.

Attachments

• 20220912_125945 (3).jpg
    20220912_125945 (3).jpg
    625 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220922_190517 (7).jpg
    20220922_190517 (7).jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 7
i'm assuming the loopback would just be bare wires coming out of a factory harness, then you would use the 9 wire from your amp outputs back into the loopback to the stock speakers. correct?

Nice. The challenge of finding where that damn gremlin is barricaded gets your mental gears rolling until the day you dig your hands in there.
I am gonna test each out put wire with a tweeter to make sure it is actually an output as the instructions say. Then I am gonna test the DC Voltage coming from them. I am using a tone generator to test the inputs to the speakers.

Did some further testing. Loopback harness does work. This headunit is a Smart3 headunit. Meaning, it has to see an ohm load on all four speakers in order for sound to come out. Thats why I am getting pulsing when the amp is hooked up. I looped all four speaker outputs and inputs back together on the harness and voila, sound. Disconnect one speaker and all four shut off. Luckily, I bought the 200.4 which has a 60ohm load resister built in.

But hold on to your hats. I am redoing the amp rack. I think if I eliminate those little side supports that chevy put under the seat (They do nothing. Only one needed is the front seat support) I can gain another 4-5 inches. I am hoping to use my NVX XCAP10H since the Colorado only charges at 13v. Highest I have seen is 13.2v. When driving the computer shuts it down to 12v. I know the Kicker 200.4 and 500.1 are designed to work with these type vehicles and will still run down to 10v, but hopefully this hybrid cap will help maintain some voltage. I know some of you are going to say its all smoke and mirrors, but I have run a hybrid capacitor before and saw it actually work.

This headunit is a Smart3 headunit. Meaning, it has to see an ohm load on all four speakers in order for sound to come out.
I wonder if auto manufacturers now do this because radios are very integrated that they have become expensive. Good thing that Kicker foresaw this issue and built in the resistor.
I think if I eliminate those little side supports that chevy put under the seat (They do nothing. Only one needed is the front seat support
Are you talking about the module brackets or the ABS beauty side panels?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...