3.6 cubes @ 30 hz box build

PSturmer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
its for a 15'' type R. powered by a bxi1206d. i will post a video up tomorrow night. its going in a ford explorer. 41.5 wide, 17 high and 23 deep

Photo-0145.jpg

Photo-0148.jpg

Photo-0149.jpg

this is an area for the amp

only thing i can say besides looks good, is that you wasted space in those corners that have an empty space doing nothing.

Looks very nice. How do you calculate how much space the 45's in the corners take up? I've wanted to do a box like that, but wasn't sure how much volume they take up.

Looks very nice. How do you calculate how much space the 45's in the corners take up? I've wanted to do a box like that, but wasn't sure how much volume they take up.
The same way you calculate the internal volume of square divided by 2. Length x Width X Height / 1728= XX Cubic Feet / 2 = Volume of a triangle.

well i needed those 45 because the depth of the sub. the type R fires side ways so that helped. the motor is like 1/8 inch from the port wall.

in the spring it will get a couple layers of base coat and then it will have that spray on bed liner put on. its just to cold for anything to stick to the box now.

looks great.

the angles in the help brake up standing waves.

cant say for sure how effective they are in your application, but it shouldn't hurt to have them. them angles take so little internal volume, that it will rarely affect the tuning of the enclosure or even affect the sub in any way or form.

let us know how the sub performs in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.