6" subs

sk24iam
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LI
I have 6" eclipse poit source speakers in my rear deck and I want some bass but I don't want to gve up trunk room. Do they make 6" subs or any speakers that will put out bass? My aftermarket speakers put out less bass then stock.

If you can fab some sort of small box of .5 cubic foot design and fit it in your deck with mdf or cutting, RE 8s would work, as would alot of other 8s. I don't think you are going to get much low bass with a few 6s....

Focal makes a 5 inch woofer that supposedly has good response and lower octave output. You would have to mod a little bit, but they would work....if you have the $$$.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

These are custom built using triple stacked y35 motors with cross drilled back plates and vented pole pieces which are also radially drilled for...
You can connect subs with wires in different ways and that can change the ohms (resistance) the amplifier sees. Too low of a load (closer to 0)...
Aw.... You're talking about good ol' Mich.
Both in the right box are good. Those premade ones probably don't give you their potential. I wanted to try one of those R subs but man Alpine...
The way you had them before does not really pose a danger. On the contrary, they presented a higher Ohm load to the amp so the amp put out less...

About this thread

sk24iam

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
sk24iam
LI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date