8" Bravox HT enclosure Help

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just bought a 8" Bravox Audio subwoofer (PXW8D-2). I have a 180-240rms plate amp that I will be using to power this. I was looking to build a sonotube enclosure or just a regular ported enclosure (don't matter to me). I just need to know what size enclosure (sealed and/or ported) would be best for this subwoofer. Space is not a concern.

It will be used to listen to music also.

Here are the Parameters:

Size (inches): 8"

Z (ohms): 1.0

Xmax (mm): 7.6

Fo (Hz): 35

Bl (T.m): 5.1

Vas (liters): 25

Qms: 4.0

Qes: 0.45

Qts: 0.40

Mms (g): 52

SPL (dB/w/m): 86.0

Levc (mH): 0.42

Krm (mohms): 1.18

Kxm (mH): 21.0

Erm :0.82

Exm: 0.56

Freq. Resp. (Hz): 30-4500

Power (max/nom): 360/180

Thanks!

For home audio RAM? Just making sure because I've heard two 12" subs needed 8cuft. sealed to get low. They were EDHQS's though lol

What would you do for in the trunk off 500rms (gains set very conservative, amp will only go down to 500w @4ohm)

Really?
a lil larger would be needed to pull Fb up to 0dB gain and flatten the response. Optimum looks like 24L @ 35Hz for flattest amplitude but I'd go 1.5cu ft net @ 32 for an F3 of around 29
Depends on the room itself too. I was just speaking in generalities. Without knowing exactly what he's working with it's hard to give a truly optimum box. And even then, real world placement/testing would be needed to get the response curve truly respectable. It's all personal preference anyways, I don't know why I even give my opinion half the time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

For home audio correct? Just making sure because I've heard two 12" subs needed 8cuft. sealed to get low. They were EDHQS's though lol
What would you do for in the trunk off 500rms (gains set very conservative, amp will only go down to 500w @4ohm)
The EHQS subs had high Qts and High Vas, their enclosure needs are not common lol.

Depends on the room itself too. I was just speaking in generalities. Without knowing exactly what he's working with it's hard to give a truly optimum box. And even then, real world testing would be needed to get the response curve truly respectable. It's all personal preference anyways, I don't know why I even give my opinion half the time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
lol, I never factor room gain, build for flat and pull peaks down with a decent eq, pulling peaks down sounds more natural and doesnt eat up headroom like adding eq yep yep lol.

lol, I never factor room gain, build for flat and pull peaks down with a decent eq, pulling peaks down sounds more natural and doesnt eat up headroom like adding eq yep yep lol.
Very true, it's much better to cut frequencies than try to gain...I've seen things catch on fire that way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Very true, it's much better to cut frequencies than try to gain...I've seen things catch on fire that way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
gotta love those old class a or a/b and solid state amps lol.

I think the 1.5net @ 32Hz will do you right! Excellent response from 30Hz up and the added volume will increase you're efficiency a noticeable bit, especially from 30-35Hz and the response should be so flat that anechoic it would need no eq.

My room is around 18' long and 14' wide
While I'm on it, I build alot of HT subs for local HT buffs so I'm not just shooting fish, I have built every sub I have used in my HTs and shop systems from 2.1 to 7.2THX and plenty for locals from 4.1 to 5.1 and a few Pro Audio setup's for 6Ksq ft venue's. 1.7 @ 30 works well too but the slight dip around 40 will be noticeable I'm afraid, youre room should load well everwhere except dead center and i recommend you port and sub be 90 degrees off axis from each other and the sub not fire forward toward the listening area. Sub to side and port down or back should load that room best.

View attachment 26522517

I'm going to put the subwoofer enclosure right where the 2 subwoofers are in the space on the left.

Soo Option:

#1. Have the sub facing my TV cabinet or dresser and port back towards the wall?

#2. OR should I put legs on the enclosure (4"), have the port facing the floor and sub towards the cabinet or dresser?

#3. Other? lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.