A T-Line Box...

Participant count
  • Participant list
It can be done as more of a SQ sort of thing. The easiest way to get some good experience with them is to do a straight(non-tapered) line and play with putting fill in it to tame any peaks you may not want.

They dont have to be huge and the length doesnt necessarily depict response extension. A straight line like RAM mentioned, or an expanding line will produce the best output with the largest size. If designed correctly, can also have the best sound.

Tapered lines are considerably smaller, and still have decent sound and output. Sometimes better than ported.

It takes more than some design just running a line the 1/4 length with SD area to get them right.. Not all drivers will work. Some can be tamed, some cant.

I have always wondered about T-Line too. Since two of the most reputable enclosure designers are here, I am hoping I can get away with picking ya'lls brain and not be asking to much. What in a Subs characteristics or T/S parameters make one driver more acceptable as a T-Line driver over other subs? Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ocho - I have a tapered tline for one on my website that JMosley built and it happy with.

Joseph - it really depends. You didnt specify what kindof line (such as straight).. if you google you can find a bit of generic reccomendations but the best way to find out is just to take a look.

What in a Subs characteristics or T/S parameters make one driver more acceptable as a T-Line driver over other subs? Just curious //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I have been slowly doing research on t-lines and would like to do one in the future as well. From what I have read, woofers with a qts and qes both under .40 are good candidates for t lines. Subs with a lower fs will need a bigger box to accommodate the longer wavelength.

Generically, yes. Though there are a few variations of the tline that can accomodate most woofers. If anyone is curious, shoot me a pm and we can discuss.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.