Active HELP??

unclecomfort
10+ year member

NA
Okay, I have read lots of post here and some other forum.

Am currently using CDT HD62DTM for my front and would very much like to run active using my PPI PCX-4125. I wlll use the active crossover in my Alpine 9815.

The question is, have anyone successfully tried it using the above comp and if so, what are the freq and slope you adopt for the midbass/midrange and the tweet.

Can't seems to find any one recommmending that and I know lots of people including myself have already wrote to CDT without success.

One point that I noted was that CDT HD62 mid was supposed to be able to go up to 7kHz...

Advise please....

As usual, this is the reply from CDT..

Comments pls.....

Subject: Don't Go Active

Hi,

You will "probably" not be happy with this active idea, many many tooo many have tried to do their own xover settings by using active designs. I can say those I have met doing this are 99% back using the complete xovers for the mid tweet and mid bass if going three way. Active is fine for the subwoofer. The mid tweet and mid

bass xover in three ways systems are very important parts of the speaker system.

The crossovers do not only split frequencies, allot more is built into the

xover design to make the drivers blend perfect together. It's more than a

split and slope to consider when you engineer and work drivers to blend

together and handle power. That's why most people go back to using the xovers designed for the

systems after they have been trying trying and trying to make it work active.

Our engineers and designer have over 30 years experience in xover designs, if

CDT engineers could make the xover part of the system work better going active,they would!

I'm talking to customers using all kinds of systems every day, I have been doing this for over 20 years and I have Not listened to one active systems I can say sounds better than using the CDT system designed crossovers.

Spend more time on your speaker install and positioning, spend more time on dampening your door and door panels. Spend time on your overall vehicle tuning and gain setting, that's where most people go wrong.

TiP that make sence: Wait for the new “StageFront” 500 series system (soon available) instead, that system will blow your mind away. It's an add on system design which will work with your existing speaker set.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.