Adire braham 12 or Re XXX 12?

Every setup i've heard with RE has impressed me...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Ive heard probably about 8 or 9 RE Setups. I do admit that they are good subs and have good SQ.

However I dont think that they are the "best" subwoofers on the market today like some people here claim.(not saying that you guys are) I guess I just hate them because everyone else likes them.

I guess its just because of all the "hype" of RE around here. The way that some talk about them you would think that they would sound a lot better than what they actually do. Anyway thats just my opinion!

Both good....the XXX will handle more, but they both will generate a very similar sound. At 1500 watts....both are great. If pushing say, 2000 or so, the XXX will do better than the brahma.

It's not about being the "best" all around subwoofer because there is no such thing...though, there is a "best" sub for a specific application.

That's a terrible reason to "hate" something...because many other people like it...bah

flip a coin, they are both basically the same, sharing the same technology
not according to audioholic.he knows all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

Want to start this again?
lol can i join to?

also before anything comes back to me i used the word "basicaly" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Very similar subs, near exact price. My suggestion is to buy the brahma because right now, RE takes forever to get you a XXX. My friend ordered a 15" XXX a month ago....still not in. While with the brahma, i can drive 15 minutes and buy one at a local shop. So, if your looking to get this sub real soon, the Brahma might be a better option, only cause RE is just booked like no other right now.

i would go for the brahma. this isn't based on a biased opinion. i currently have a 15" xxx in my setup for a comparison. the xxx is in a transmission line enclosure. although the output is slightly louder from the xxx, the sq isn't as good as the brahma. i know i'm not comparing the subs in formal matter especially since they are different sizes and enclosures, but i was expecting a little more from the xxx. however if power handling is an issue, the xxx will have the advantage.

i would go for the brahma. this isn't based on a biased opinion. i currently have a 15" xxx in my setup for a comparison. the xxx is in a transmission line enclosure. although the output is slightly louder from the xxx, the sq isn't as good as the brahma. i know i'm not comparing the subs in formal matter especially since they are different sizes and enclosures, but i was expecting a little more from the xxx. however if power handling is an issue, the xxx will have the advantage.

I guess im not the only one who expected more from the XXX.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

IceDog

10+ year member
HatTrick Master
IceDog
Savannah,Ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date