FEATURED Advantage using line outputs from multi channel amp to sub amp?

Warden95

CarAudio.com Recruit
Florida
I’m looking at this manual for Audio control LC 6.1200 wired in bi amp mode. They are using the line out rca from multi channel to input of the sub amp. Is there an advantage to this compared to the input signal coming separately to each amp? Oh should ad this is a non DSP amp. I see the advantages if DSP built in
IMG_0854.png

Last edited:
Have you already bought this amp? It would be cheaper to get an aftermarket headunit and a better DSP separately. If I'm not mistaken, those Audio Control LOCs have a fixed subsonic filter set at like 33 hz which is bad for low end extension.

You can download Power Amp Equalizer on your phone for free and it has a 30 band EQ and adjustable input "gain" from the DAC in your phone. Works great for me and it

I’m looking at this manual for Audio control LC 6.1200 wired in bi amp mode. They are using the line out rca from multi channel to input of the sub amp. Is there an advantage to this compared to the input signal coming separately to each amp? Oh should ad this is a non DSP amp. I see the advantages if DSP built in
View attachment 59350
Sorry, I'm way too tired, so I might have read this wrong. I'm getting you are asking why use the RCA line out, from the LC 6.1200, instead of using a Y-adaptor from the other RCA's going to the inputs of the LC 6.1200. The line out is usually not affected by fading the speakers. However, balance is usually still affected. Another difference is, using the RCA output is cleaner and more reliable than Y-adaptors.

Sorry, I'm way too tired, so I might have read this wrong. I'm getting you are asking why use the RCA line out, from the LC 6.1200, instead of using a Y-adaptor from the other RCA's going to the inputs of the LC 6.1200. The line out is usually not affected by fading the speakers. However, balance is usually still affected. Another difference is, using the RCA output is cleaner and more reliable than Y-adaptors.
I’m looking at buying it and going with a separate DSP down the road. I can’t change the head unit in my vehicle as it’s tied into so many things. The diagram above would be exactly how I would wire amp. I have a simple system with a PAC style t harness going to both my current amps for a full range speaker input. That’s the best way I know how to describe it

I’m looking at buying it and going with a separate DSP down the road. I can’t change the head unit in my vehicle as it’s tied into so many things. The diagram above would be exactly how I would wire amp. I have a simple system with a PAC style t harness going to both my current amps for a full range speaker input. That’s the best way I know how to describe it
This probably has much better options that the built in DSP on that amp. Plus is has a remote turn on feature with multiple RCA channels and is Bluetooth plus you can put it in the next vehicle

I’ll look into this for sure. I know DSP is the way to go for SQ but I don’t think I’m even close to ready for that. My goal is to get my amps, speakers, sound deadening, and power to where I want it then I’ll start trying to learn the DSP systems. From my initial dive it looks like you have to have a college degree in audio to fully understand how to tune one 😂

You're on the right track. Also, using the line out will allow you to utilize the sub control feature on that amp.

I’ll look into this for sure. I know DSP is the way to go for SQ but I don’t think I’m even close to ready for that. My goal is to get my amps, speakers, sound deadening, and power to where I want it then I’ll start trying to learn the DSP systems. From my initial dive it looks like you have to have a college degree in audio to fully understand how to tune one 😂
Yea it gets pretty complicated if you are going full SQ gotta consider the geometry of the car, panel vibrations and reflections and how it all ties into wave cancellation and all sorts of other stuff I'm probably not qualified to talk about. Definitely a lot of interesting stuff to look at, I like the research

Just scored this on Marketplace and he threw in the DSP. Excited about going active with the amp. The DSP wasn’t the one I was ultimately looking for but should be good to start learning process
IMG_5757.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...