Advice needed regarding 1st setup

DrkRzn

Canada
Hello,

New to the forums... I've been doing a little bit of searching around, and I 'm still clueless. Car Audio isn't my thing, but I'm looking for a decent place to start (not adverse to learning). My car died, and I bought an older Chrysler Concorde. It's a large mother, and I've got trunk space to spare. Anybody wanna help a newb out with first deck/setup choices?

I want MP3 capabilities, I listen to more Floyd and Dylan than rap, but I wouldn't mind being able to rattle windows with the subs from time to time. I'm assuming that most mp3 decks are CBR/VBR... I like a clean sound, without it being sterile.

Also, I'm more than likely going to building a linux media server into the car, so a line in to the deck would be a nice option.

I've got about $1000 CDN to spend, and I don't want to be at the mercy of the salesman.

Any advice on what to get, what to read, etc would be appreciated. Also, any online shops that ship to (or better yet, from) Canada?

Hello,
New to the forums... I've been doing a little bit of searching around, and I 'm still clueless. Car Audio isn't my thing, but I'm looking for a decent place to start (not adverse to learning). My car died, and I bought an older Chrysler Concorde. It's a large mother, and I've got trunk space to spare. Anybody wanna help a newb out with first deck/setup choices?

I want MP3 capabilities, I listen to more Floyd and Dylan than rap, but I wouldn't mind being able to rattle windows with the subs from time to time. I'm assuming that most mp3 decks are CBR/VBR... I like a clean sound, without it being sterile.

Also, I'm more than likely going to building a linux media server into the car, so a line in to the deck would be a nice option.

I've got about $1000 CDN to spend, and I don't want to be at the mercy of the salesman.

Any advice on what to get, what to read, etc would be appreciated. Also, any online shops that ship to (or better yet, from) Canada?

based on your location you might want to hook up w/steve

send him a pm - > ss3079

i know he's in the same country that you're in and will be able to direct you in the right direction for products, pricing, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.