FEATURED Aftrmarket Android 10 with DSP build in (mazda 6 skyactiv 2017) interference problem AUX IN -NOT OUTPUT! (no whine noise or engine rpm)

JustAguy39

CarAudio.com Newbie
uk
Hello all.
At the beggining i would like to apologize for too long topic!But iwould like to provide as many information as i could!
i posted i few forums and people seems to rather doesnt bother or doesnt want a waste a time.
I decided to try for a last time.
(I also ordered ground loop isolator which i will most likely use)
If anyone here in this group have mazda 6 skyactiv year 2016 + with the bose system and TAU - tuner ampliffier unit and understand wiring diagrams that would only benefits to this topic.
Mazda basically using the Original OEM infotaitment system and sending signal into TAU and afterwards process those signal into amp.

I replace the old school screen with the android 10 10.25 screen with DSP built in when you keep the original BT module .
All sources runing fine from the BT module into TAU and then into my system.There is no problem at all.
.The android HU have AUX IN female rca on aftermarket harness.To have a sound trough the AUX the chinesse create aftermarket harness (red wire,pictures included) which one end you connect into TAU and the other end into OEM harness..From the AM harness there is loop and RCA LIN and RIN into the AUX IN on the android HU.
Problem is when i connect them together i got this nasty interference noise.

I try it also ground loop isolator and i will keep it like that if there is no solution.

So the ground loop isolator do some job and completelly get rid of the interference..Yes there is some hum but that would be most likely related to the gain.

I also try to bypass the TAU using laptop output with 3.5mm jack and 2RCA connected into ANDROID AUX IN..but unfortunatelly there is no sound and i dont know if there is possible way to connect speaker after the HU to test it if the noise comming from the AUX IN on the HU or is related to the poor RCA.

I also bought better RCA but i dont want to cut them of and replace them if im not 100% sure that will solve the problem..Yes adding ground loop isolator on the poor chinasse RCA solve the problem but i still dont know if that problem is because of poor shielding or so.

any idea where and what to check?Can that be related to ground loop issue ?
All original mazda harness is shielded.
i will include some pictures.
i would apreciate any help.
hope someone will reply!
thank you

Attachments

• tau.png
    tau.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 6
  • am tau harness.jpeg
    am tau harness.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    113 KB · Views: 4
The android HU have AUX IN female rca on aftermarket harness.To have a sound trough the AUX the chinesse create aftermarket harness (red wire,pictures included)
For clarity, all input RCAs are female, no exceptions. All output RCAs are male. That Red harness has output RCAs so it is odd that you got them to play some sort of music.
It is confusing what TAU is; would you post a picture of these harnesses and TAU unit? Also the loop you mentioned on the OEM harness.

For clarity, all input RCAs are female, no exceptions. All output RCAs are male. That Red harness has output RCAs so it is odd that you got them to play some sort of music.
It is confusing what TAU is; would you post a picture of these harnesses and TAU unit? Also the loop you mentioned on the OEM harness.
Thank you for reply!
Above there is schematic pictures of harness included Stock OEM,CD player and TAU wchich is on the right hand side .
The Tau basically work between the Stock OEM screen and BT module (now replaced with android Screen with BT module)
TAU -tunner amplifier unit which is on scheme picture holds all the input.
The Red aftermarkets wire which you connect between the originial harness and the TAU-tuner amplifier unit have all inputs in + from the inputs there also running outputs male RCA into android AUX IN...Im not sure if thats is not the problem causing the interference..
here is detailed bose system break down..there are some diagrams but at the time the guy only test the signal ..There are parts in the video which you can skip it..is not nessesary to watch all of it.Not sure if that helps as he didnt replace the stock OEM at that time.Its quiet old topic.
I lso found out that the premium bose system have floating ground..Since i get rid of the bose amp and speakers and running my ovn setup but still keeping the TAU because without the TAU the original infotainment system will not work.

I will today dismount the Radio and i will have look if there is possiility to connect Speaker on high output to test it with laptop completelly bypass the TAU just for demostration purpose if the noise comming from the HU..But im i would say 90% the noise is created on the RCA wire within the TAU and Android HU as ground loop eliminate the problem and as you mention the male is output it means the TAU sendind the aux signal into Android so the noise must be within the RCA connection somewhere.

I will post the update later on today.

here is the picture how it is connected on the TAU also with the diagram
Also pictures of the TAU -european model/uk model is same.

Attachments

• 5F365A65-BB69-4F35-9434-E192CC3C7779.jpeg
    5F365A65-BB69-4F35-9434-E192CC3C7779.jpeg
    409 KB · Views: 5
  • TAU diagram.jpg
    TAU diagram.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 6
  • TAU_USA_Europe.jpeg
    TAU_USA_Europe.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 5
I also try to bypass the TAU using laptop output with 3.5mm jack and 2RCA connected into ANDROID AUX IN..but unfortunatelly there is no sound and i dont know if there is possible way to connect speaker after the HU to test it if the noise comming from the AUX IN on the HU or is related to the poor RCA.
Great video. Unfortunately it is all about getting output signals out of the radio for adding an amplifier.
Only way to add signal into those wires would be to cut the wire to prevent the signal from going up into the radio and causing noise, but still going into the amplifier. Too much hassle IMO.
So this only leaves the option of using the radio's inputs to test audio.
So your issue is you wish to get rid of the noise from your speakers. You think the provided wiring harness is picking up noise along the way and passing it into the TAU. The wire itself would pick up noise even if the RCAs would not be in it, so I doubt that is the source.
Being that the original radio may be a floating ground unit, the other option aside from the ground loop isolator, would be to use floating ground adapters. You would have to cut harness wires to splice them in. Heavy task which will not guarantee success but no other ideas come to mind.

Great video. Unfortunately it is all about getting output signals out of the radio for adding an amplifier.
Only way to add signal into those wires would be to cut the wire to prevent the signal from going up into the radio and causing noise, but still going into the amplifier. Too much hassle IMO.
So this only leaves the option of using the radio's inputs to test audio.
So your issue is you wish to get rid of the noise from your speakers. You think the provided wiring harness is picking up noise along the way and passing it into the TAU. The wire itself would pick up noise even if the RCAs would not be in it, so I doubt that is the source.
Being that the original radio may be a floating ground unit, the other option aside from the ground loop isolator, would be to use floating ground adapters. You would have to cut harness wires to splice them in. Heavy task which will not guarantee success but no other ideas come to mind.
I was looking today behind the dash to llok at the wires..I have absolutelly no idea what they are for .i know only power 12V,ACC and ground ..the rest im not sure..I was also looking for some diagram..Couldnt find any so without thet i can not test the AUX in with laptop..Im running out of the option.
Look like i will have to accept the gound loop isolator which will degrade the quality drastically..I have two ground loop isolators..One working but it degrade the low end drastially..Second one doesnt work..Wish there would be some quality ground loop isolator which doesnt degrade the audio quality..So far i was looking for poplewas mentionnig Jensen but it also degrade the quality.

Here is some pictures of the harness but i think thats the end of the story.
I mean i can contct the mazda dealer if he would be abble to solve the problem but honestly i dont think so.
Im not sure they have such a experince with aftermarkets addons.

Attachments

• 6E434583-868C-4794-9A92-67A0894B8052.jpeg
    6E434583-868C-4794-9A92-67A0894B8052.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 49631B3E-DC2C-454E-8842-C28A27E1FA99.jpeg
    49631B3E-DC2C-454E-8842-C28A27E1FA99.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 5
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...