Alpine Cd/Mp3 Player

I'm stuck between the 9833 and 9815. I'm going to wait and try the 9833 when it comes out. I would hate to buy the 9815 and regret it. Also I would figure the 9815 would drop in price once the new models come out..

I know people assume that the new models will only have a cosmetic change but I disagree.. I went to Tweeter and listened to the 9807 and the 9827 (The 9827 replaced the 9807). I could hear an audible difference between the two. The 9827 sounded better and clearer.. The display was also a lot better.. Even the salesperson and 2 other guys in the room said they could hear the difference between the two.. Both units were set with the default on..

The only real difference between the 9813 and the 9815 is the appearance. They add a few interface options that use the different display, but there is no difference in capability and there is a huge difference in price. I bought the 9813 needless to say.

Since then i've gotten the 9815, and I love it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

If you're planning on getting a separate amp to power your speakers, look to the CDA-7995 (i believe that's the correct model #).

This HU is essentially the same as the 1.5DIN model that Alpine puts out, minus the internal amplifier. Why pay for something you're not going to use? Does MP3 playback...dot-matrix display...built-in correction...graphic eq...et cetera...the whole shebang. Considering that the 2004 units are coming real soon, you should be able to get the 7995 for real cheap.

Consider it a steal.

If you're planning on getting a separate amp to power your speakers, look to the CDA-7995 (i believe that's the correct model #).
The 7995 had one huge flaw that ruled it out for me immediately, it only has the BassEngine Plus rather than the Pro. I still can't figure out why they would make a competition head unit and then put the crappy processor in it.

One of the '04 models is just as baffling. I don't remember the model number but it one of the most basic models that they make. No real features, but it is the only one with a built in XM tuner, WTF?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Tear

10+ year member
Tear
Auburn, AL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from