alpine hu - mx

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
this question is direct to those that do have amp(s) on their insides and on a subwoofer (if you don't have or haven't heard a sub/alpine deck that has hu w/the mx feature/amps/upgraded insides pls don't respond)

does the mx feature seem to cloud up the midbass and be too harsh on high & lows?

i was doing some fine tuning, and it seems that mx feature no matter if its level 1-3 it really increases the bass & makes the tweeter sound a little more harsh.

w/the mx feature off the tweeter seems to sound more like smooth or 'SILK'.. it just seems as though i can hear more mid bass w/the mx off.

Any other thoughts please????????????

but really do you think the quality is being improved?

i would say yes at low volumes and no at high volumes.

to me at high volumes the system sounds better with the MX off

The MX gives my system a hugh bass increase especially at low volumes, well at low volumes with the MX on the bass overpowers everything.

At high volumes with it on it sounds fine and pounds but not as clean as with it off. If seems to work just like a loud button to me

that's what i'm guessing.... i'm wondering about alpine's description of it is accurate. ...

it's supposed to improve & inhance the sound...

now i have played w/a head unit on a factory speakers that were not amped by any source but the deck, and true enough it did inhance the sound in all aspects..

on an amplified system w/ after market equpiment, that's a different story as we're all finding out.

i would say yes at low volumes and no at high volumes.
I agree. I've noticed that with my 9813 as well.

With or without the EQ, it's the same thing. So, it stays off unless I'm playing with it for some reason.

- Steve

I agree. I've noticed that with my 9813 as well.
With or without the EQ, it's the same thing. So, it stays off unless I'm playing with it for some reason.

- Steve
we have hte same one steve... so let me ask u this ...

when u tuned ur amps both for high and lows, did you tune it w/the mx on or off....

reason i ask this is b/c i did mine w/hte mx on and w/it off i'm wondering if i should increase the gain somewhat on my 2 amps and maybe a tad of bass boost on my sub amp.

we have hte same one steve... so let me ask u this ...
when u tuned ur amps both for high and lows, did you tune it w/the mx on or off....

reason i ask this is b/c i did mine w/hte mx on and w/it off i'm wondering if i should increase the gain somewhat on my 2 amps and maybe a tad of bass boost on my sub amp.
I tune with no "performance" features on.

Honestly, I think you should spend some time and try it both ways ... increasing your bass boost accordingly. See which sounds best to you.

I've done it both ways and I still find the MX feature affects the sounds 'better' at lower volumes than at higher ones.

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

limitkid7

5,000+ posts
sell wite
limitkid7
GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date