alpine ilx w650

Participant count
  • Participant list

FLOODED BURRITO

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an 09 vw jetta. And put an alpine ilx w650 in. The only thing I can't figure out is the parking break Wire. Can't find out ware except for @the parking break. And to do that I'd have to rip the whole center console out. I also bought a bypass because it locks you out unless your parked. And for that it needs a brake pedal wire. Have no clue ware that is either.

If anyone has installed this unit in a vw and knows ware either wire is that would be very helpful.

The bypass needs power to operate. The third wire goes into the "parking brake" wire of the radio. What this bypass does is send a triple tap signal to the parking brake wire that imitates e-brake application.
Bypass has 4 wires. Apparently specific to this head unit. Power, ground, parking break + and brake pedal -.

Bypass has 4 wires. Apparently specific to this head unit. Power, ground, parking break + and brake pedal -.
Does the radio have two brake inputs? If not, I would first try the e-brake wire. If it does not grant you video access, then try the brake wire.
Just found this in eBay
Screenshot_20240622-230201(1).png

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...