Alpine INE W987HD Noise Issues

Billy DeVincentis

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi,
Just posting this in the event somebody else runs into this. Have had this terrible static on off coming from this head unit. OMG, drove me nuts for 2 years. Finally found the issue. The alpine units have a wire harness for the rca pre outs, one of the connectors had some kind of issue and jiggling it would make it go away. Since we had soldered rca plugs onto the oem speaker wiring leading to amp in trunk, we simply cut the alpine harness, cut our rca plugs and soldered all together. Solved the problem completely. Just horrible how such an expensive head unit can have faulty wire harnesses, firmware problems for the map updates, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...