Alpine Type R 12D2 or Image Dynamics IDQ 12D2 V4 ??

JessyBoy86

Senior VIP Member
wich one do you suggest for good SQ ?

i went through pretty good reviews for both.

The sub will be in a 1cuft sealed box in the rear corner of my dodge caravan.

Basically what i want is good sound quality at loud level, while driving, but not people-at-the-next-block-turn-their-head loud.

I mostly listen to old school hip hop, i'd like the sharpest low-frequency changes, basslines etc....not that much of big boom like bass drum kicks.

Those subs are pretty much in my budget, what others could you suggest to me ?

wich one do you suggest for good SQ ?
i went through pretty good reviews for both.

The sub will be in a 1cuft sealed box in the rear corner of my dodge caravan.

Basically what i want is good sound quality at loud level, while driving, but not people-at-the-next-block-turn-their-head loud.

I mostly listen to old school hip hop, i'd like the sharpest low-frequency changes, basslines etc....not that much of big boom like bass drum kicks.

Those subs are pretty much in my budget, what others could you suggest to me ?
sealed i would go with idq

NEW PAIR Old School MB Quart RWE302 12" subwoofers Dual 2,Rare,USA,Fosgate,SQ 780687314156 | eBay

I would try to see if the seller would split these up. exclusively designed for sealed only. amazing sub. made in usa

I would also recomend the dayton ho but it looks like you need dual 2 ohm

I would also recomend the dayton ho but it looks like you need dual 2 ohm
is the dayton Ho dual-4 ?? i don't have any problem with that, i would wire it at 2 ohm....but i don't want the sub to be wired at 4 ohm, amps that give 1000w rms and more at 4 ohm are kind of expansive.

I would go for dual-2 or dual-4 for sure, but not single 4...

is the dayton Ho dual-4 ?? i don't have any problem with that, i would wire it at 2 ohm....but i don't want the sub to be wired at 4 ohm, amps that give 1000w rms and more at 4 ohm are kind of expansive.
I would go for dual-2 or dual-4 for sure, but not single 4...
dual 4 or single 4

Crap, i really need to make a decision ,and a good one.

I'm not very familiar with the differences between SQ subs and a SPL subs. I've only experienced 12'' 1200w rms Audiobahn eternal sub and a crappy factory harmon kardon sub i had in my WRX.

Please someone tell me if i'm going to the right path with an SQ. I basically listen to hip hop. Hip hop has fancy basslines at low freq and that's what i want to feel the most, and want it LOUD ! i want some punch boom boom too but it doesnt matter as much to me, but still want it LOUD ! I insist on that. I just read some reviews of different SQ subs and for what i see, it will play lows very accuratly but not so loud.

I think what i want it's the best compromise between SQ and SPL.

Guys i don't know what the f#ck to do !!

[quote name='JessyBoy86']Thanks for your help guys !

So,

TC sounds TC2+
Dayton audio HO
ID IDQ

Not considering the price of one or the other....wich one do you pick ?[/QUOTE]

I would go with the tc2+ then dayton but really you cant go wrong with any. whichever will be easier for you to get also. since you are in canada. i love tc2+ subs and tc9 subs depending on sealed or ported lol. Very versatile can even be used for home theater very well.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/621017-12-tc-sounds-tc2-e12o-44-a.html

you can ask @ciaonzo ; he know pretty much anything about tc sounds

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/622363-tc-sounds-15-tc-1000-a.html
i know the tc 1000 uses the tc2+ motor also

Its not really that easy to get SQ and SPL in one packaged deal.I know that tuning on the fly may help out with that such as using a pre-amp EQ to be able to tune at your finger tips,.Ive found this to help out very well for me over time.Just throwing it out there as well..The Dayton Sub has a 5 year warranty.Yet, which ever sub you choose, Id recommend getting a pre- amp EQ /in-dash to tune on the fly

Its not really that easy to get SQ and SPL in one packaged deal.I know that tuning on the fly may help out with that such as using a pre-amp EQ to be able to tune at your finger tips,.Ive found this to help out very well for me over time.Just throwing it out there as well..The Dayton Sub has a 5 year warranty.Yet, which ever sub you choose, Id recommend getting a pre- amp EQ /in-dash to tune on the fly
I will be using a DSP so...

I think ill buy one of those kinda cheap SQ subs, if i'm not satisfied at all, i might just buy a better SPL sub later.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.