Alpine Type R

ladiesman8527
10+ year member

The Man
i'm in the market for a hard hitting power hungry subwoofer....i have two Alpine SWS-1241D's. they are alright for now but are more for sound quality. i hear the type R subs are for both hard hitting bass and sound quality. this is just what i want. the Alpine SWR-1221D's sound good to me. should i get two of those or one Alpine 15" SWR-1521D. chances are if i get one of the 15's i will get another down the road. i just want to know if its a good buy. i can get the 12's for $99 each and the 15's for $188 each. i listen to rap so keep that in mind. i want some window crackin bass (not really but i want it to be heard)

Dont listen to audiofagg. I guarantee you my system is mouch louder and better quality than his is. The Type R will be one of the best subs you will get for 99. If you know how the JL W6 sounds the Type R will be louder.

well sirsyko maybe audio is wrong but there was no need to attach "***" at the end cuz ur talking like a smart ass/mr know it all which in fact alot of statments on this board are opinions unless uve got some tiype of official publishing of testing or something like that otherwise anything U other people or myself is juss an opinon

I've never heard the Type S but I have owned a few Type R's in my time. I think they are good woofers but 2 in a ported box wasn't quite loud enough for me. Just depends on what you are looking for. They will get pretty loud and sound good.

If you get 4 I'm sure that would be sexy but then again, for 400 bucks you could get an XXX.

Well im just saying i have heard both and not much difference between them. Sirsyko is a alpine fanboy who thinks his system beats all well it doesn't. You think you know everything and you don't.

well, a while ago i was thinking about buying type r's but i heard that they did not hit as hard as some and i wanted some pretty loud bass, so i was choosing between those and 12" hx2's and i ended up with the hx2's these definately provide window rattling bass and they handle 1000 peak per sub, 500 RMS i like them a lot although some people hate on them.

Sounds like you need some Phoenix Gold Titaniums...actually got a chance to compare them to some type R's the other day. They are both pretty sweet sounding subs, but the type R's can't keep up in terms of SPL. They are around the same price on ebay...check them out.

i'm considering the type r's but a few of my friends have recommended memphis audio subs. i dont know how much $$$ they would run me or how they perform but if anyone knows please tell me.

Sounds like you need some Phoenix Gold Titaniums...actually got a chance to compare them to some type R's the other day. They are both pretty sweet sounding subs, but the type R's can't keep up in terms of SPL. They are around the same price on ebay...check them out.
thats exactly what i think.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.