alternator output help

hard to say. your car will require some power (air conditioning, etc) and your batt can also cover some power as well.

However, I have a basic rule of thumb. anything less than 750w RMS should be fine.

best thing u can do is.. call your ford dealer and ask them how many amps you car uses stock. there are 145 amp alternators u can upgrade to and will fit in ur stock brackets. only downside is a loss of some hp, but nothing to dramatic, basically u know theres probs when ur lights dim

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Coulda already had his answers (4) My interior dome lights are dimming with bass | DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum
I was about to ask the same thing. Why would you want to wire the batteries in series. But then you said you were connecting them to the same...
You shouldn't be hearing alternator whine through a sub. Is your LP filter turned on?
For some extra peace of mind, you could do a big-3 upgrade with the same 4 guage ofc wire.

About this thread

basketball346

10+ year member
basketball346
Nazareth Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from