alternator question

2dmnloud
10+ year member

i'm trying to decide what size alternator i need.....i have 2 planet audio 2250d that drain 175 amps of current a piece i'm thinking of adding another solox so i will need 2 more amps.....that equals 700 amps of current draw. My current setup is a 115 amp alternator 2 optima yellow tops....1/0 guage wire running to the batteries...4 quage going from batteries to a 5 farad cap then 4 guage to amps......what do i need to do to keep up with this currnet draw....i was thinking of trying to find a 350 amp alternator and 2 more batteries.......what do you guys think

why the need for 700amps, a solox, etc, etc?No offence, but if a person owns a solox, wants to push it to the limit and has to ask people in forums about how to do it, I say that person should get something else. If you have to ask, don't do it.

i never asked how too push it.... i just asked what to do about the current draw i figured someone could help me out with this problem , but i guess not!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.