Amp Cutting out Odyssey PC1750 Battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

DJSEVEN
10+ year member

Ok, Let me try to explain the best I can.

I had just a standard "stock" battery in my 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Running 1 crunch 3000D-Pro on 1 12" FI BTL @ 1ohm.

This was Hitting REAL REAL Hard...the sound was intense!

Of course, my stock Battery finally took a dump and car wouldnt start.

So I went and bought a DryCell Odyssey PC1750 Battery.

Volts: 12

AH: 74

HCA: 1750

CA: 1350

CCA: 930

RC: 135

by the specs, this looks like a great battery.

So i installed and now when I get to about 30-31 on my Head Unit, the sound

drops dramatically,(kind of drowns out) where with my STOCK Battery (some cheap everstart walmart battery)

never did this at all..

Nothing about this install changed at all except the install of the battery.

?????? I am confused.

Any help would be great!!!

DRAGNIX

this happened as soon as I put that battery on

The charge on the battery was full, they tested it at BatteriesPlus before I left.

hmmm. Maybe the ALT huh????

any oneIs this a decent battery i bought?? I reall dont know much when it comes to electrical

Odyssey PC1750 Battery
you could try checking your alternator if you have a meter. Turn on the engine and rev it to around 2500 and see if the meter reads 13.5 to 14.8v. If it doesn't you have a crappy alt. However, doesn't seem like it is the alt. Sounds to me like there's something going on with the headunit and amp. How did you set the gain?

My gain is set by ear.

I have it about 3/4 up, but I am also using an epicenter (im sorry I can t remember what setting its on i want to say the 12" setting )

Basically just tested by ear.

It still is hitting hard, but like I said it drops or cuts down dramatically at a certain point when turning up at the HU.

If I lower it down and then back up again, it will hit until a certain point.

If I burp it it will hold, but on a rolll up, it doesnt hang.

Also, I can tell that the volume level at the HU was way louder lets say at 23-24-25 on the HU (pioneer) than it is now....A huge difference in DB...without question.

by the way, I was trying to buy an optima yellow top and they guy steered me away from it and duped me into getting the odysse? the specs looked better compared to the optima, but now im thinking this knuckle head sales kid got one over on me!!

by the way, I was trying to buy an optima yellow top and they guy steered me away from it and duped me into getting the odysse? the specs looked better compared to the optima, but now im thinking this knuckle head sales kid got one over on me!!
no, odyssey is better

Yeah, the light isnt clipping or going out on the amp.

and again, no settings changed what so ever in the 2 hr difference from old batter and new!

What was weird on the old battery is i was getting a 12. something read, but when I tried to start it, it dropped to like 4, which tells me it was CCA and not volts.

Does that sound right?

You 99% surely have a bad alt. Have it load tested at the battery shop. There is no reason why the tested good Odyssey would have less output than your starting battery. That is one of the best batteries on the market.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.