amp help

tony2437

texas
i have everything wired in my amp (power,ground,rca) but the problem is in the instant that i touch the remote wire to my stereo the subwoofers just emit a constant boom, theres no rythim or nothing just a constant booooooooooooooooooooooom! anybody know what the problem could be

check your grounds and dont run your rcas along anything else, power or ground wire or remote wire.

i had that as well. and i tore it all out and re ran everything and kept everything seperated from each other and that noise went away.

a friend told me it was the rcas, I had an rca cable in my house from a tv system a while back and i ran that away from the power wire still did the same thing.

i would start by making sure your wires are good first. check the grounding point. make sure its bare metal. no paint or coating.

if all looks good check your wiring make sure they are not running along side each other.

if they arent. you can go buy new rcas they arent to expensive.

well the amp worked when the person sold it to me but im thinking that its maybe how i have the ground wired. My back seats fold down and in the back of them is covered in metal so thats where i put the ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.