Amp Ohm Question/Suggestions

Peggle

G'morrow gents,

So I know some of you are tired of seeing me post a bunch of crap, but bear with my noobiness for just a little bit longer. So my Boss PH3000D is blown and I'm now tasked with finding another amp. I seriously don't want to fk up my next purchase so I'm back here asking more questions. Ok so down to the reason I'm here. I have 2 12 Rockford Fosgate P3d4 @ 600rms each and I've noticed something while looking at amps. All the amps have a rating such as

1200w rms @ 1 ohm

900w rms @ 2 ohms

600w rms @ 4 ohms

In the past I was trying to find an amp that does 1200w rms at 4 ohms but those amps run at $800-$1500 which is stupid expensive. Whenever I first started looking into a system I read that running your setup at 1 ohm generates a lot of heat thus shortening the life of the amp/subs which is why I was trying to find 1200w rms @ 4 ohms. Can someone enlighten me on what I'm missing? Would it hurt anything if I bought one of those amps that does 1200w rms @ 1 ohm?

first... stay the hell away from boss, 2nd... do you know how to wire 1 ohm? 2 ohm? if your worried about 1 ohm, run 2 ohm... and look for a stable amp, your subs probably killed your boss...lol, they do about a 100w for every 1000w they say they do...the lower the ohm load the harder the bass...

that amp you had was running less than 300w a sub, i think theres a ol school on here that does 1000w at 4ohms, stay in a safe zone if you tried putting a real 3000w amp to those subs...poof done!

Yes I may be stupid but I'm not that dumb //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif I can wire my subs down I just didn't know if amps could run at 1 ohm stable and what not

slam is firm with his prices, but hes got a massive pa100, that will do 1000w @ 4ohm for 150, beautiful and match for ur subs...
Could I bother you for a link kind sir //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif and also, my subs can run at 1200w rms, would running them at 1000 make a difference?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.