amp putting out the right power??

cjj2d
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Murfreesboro
how can you tell if you amp is putting out the rated rms?

I have recently installed my PG Tantrum 1200.1 on my 15D2 and at vol levels of 20 and lower it is almost like there is no sub. then when you hit like vol 25 it starts to get loud. So can it be cause my amp is not receiving enough juice from the battery/alt to produce the rated rms therefore my sub not being lout reproducing like it should?

thanks for any help.

Well PG amps are extremely well built so i wouldnt blame the amp at first. Thats weird cause yesterday I read the same exact thing ur stating from someone else. I just told them to check your level setting and toggle around with ur hed unit.

it was probably me you told that too. The gain is turned about 3/4 the way up and like I was saying I did not have the problem when I was running the PPI PC2150 amp on it. Which is 600 watts. So now I am running double the amount of power. So that is why I was thinking it may be the power going to the amp.

It could be.......Tantrums have poor effeciency ratings if that has anything to do with it and draw A LOT of current so you should think about upgrading your alternator, a cap prolly wont help that much so go with a new alt................thats the price you pay for a huge ass amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.