Amp went out need new Amp - NOVICE need advice

hotbox

TX
I will post my setup below, but the fact is my amp went out and I'm feeling very low because it. I've tried asking friends but they keep telling me different things. I'm on a low budget $100-150 range. It has to fit in a 2005 Silverado single cab. The amp I had before was only 2inches wide so it wasn't that bad fit pretty well. Had the setup for over 5 years until it gave out today. I just want something the same if not better if I could for the price thanks. Again don't know much about car audio so any help would be helpful thanks.

EDIT: I'd go ask the local shops but I live in a remote area and it would be a 2 hour trip to do so, I'd like to go with some idea of what I would be looking for.

(I bought them for sentimental reasons...)

TWO - JVC CS-WG1000 800-watt 10" Car Subwoofers

Features include:

10-in. subwoofer

800 watts max music power

Glass fiber cone with rubber surround

Aluminum die-cast basket

Aluminum/El wire 4-layer dual voice coil

Rubberized PVC gasket

Black polycotton spider damper

Nickel-plated screw terminals

25-1500Hz frequency response

4 ohms impedance

-========================

The people at the shop stuck me with this amp, at the time I was just happy getting one.

NT Power NT1832 Amp

Product Specifications:

Channel: 2

4 Ohm RMS: 120x2

2 Ohm RMS: 150x2

Mono RMS: 300

Max Power: 1200

Dimensions: 350 x 244 x 49 mm

Remote: No

Product Features:

CHROME PLATE TOP

FULL MOSFET POWER SUPPLY

2 OHM STABLE

VARIABLE HI PASS: 50 - 250 HZ

VARIABLE LOW PASS: 50 - 250 HZ

VARIABLE 12dB BASS BOOST @40HZ

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10 - 30K HZ

S/N RATIO: 98 dB

T.H.D.: 0.02 %

FULL SELECTABLE CROSSOVER

4 GAUGE POWER/GROUND CONNECTION

CIRCUIT OVERLOAD PROTECTION

INPUT SENSITIVITY CONTROL

SOFT TURN “ON” SWITCH

The shop boned you man that amp no bueno anyway look for an audiopipe for $150
I figured as much, I wasn't sure cause I had never heard of the brand before. Any particular model of audiopiple?

Aspm 1500
I was worried about the dimensions but at 342x154x49mm it's even smaller than the one I had. Thanks for the help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So I got the Audiopipe APSM 1500 a few days ago, sounded great for about 3 days but stopped working last night. The light on the amp is still on, not flashing in protection mode though. Any suggestions? Did I get a dud? Should I exchange or return it and go with a didn't amp? I'd appreciate any help thanks

So I got the Audiopipe APSM 1500 a few days ago, sounded great for about 3 days but stopped working last night. The light on the amp is still on, not flashing in protection mode though. Any suggestions? Did I get a dud? Should I exchange or return it and go with a didn't amp? I'd appreciate any help thanks
where did you get it from? does it still have a warranty? what ohms do you have it wired to?

you may have just got a bad one. i currently have a Audiopipe apsm-1500 and have had no problems with it, and use to have the apsm-2000 for a bit til i sold it.

I have warranty, bought it on eBay u have 60 days to return it not worried about that. Just want to make sure I didn't do something wrong in the wiring. I'll test out the voltage and ground tomorrow check back the, thanks.

Edit: I wanted to add that I used all the old wiring that I had before just used changed the fuse to the one it came with. I have no idea how the subs are wired inside the box.

So I got the replacement amp, still not working. Changed rca's, tried ipod rca, rewired subs and did some testing. Seems like its the subs that gave out. I've had them for almost 7 years as well as the old amp. I guess it was just it's time. Any advice on subs that would go well this this amp? Keep in mind I have a single cab truck. The inclosure i had could support the depth of my old subs which were 4.88 inches but just barely. Should I go shallow mount or is there draw backs to it?

Thanks alot for all the advice I've gotten so far in this forum, you guys rock. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Edit post: By the way, right now I have these in mind Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-SW2501S4 10-Inch Step Up Shallow S4 Subwoofer: Car Electronics

Although I really wanted these http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-TS-W260D4-Champion-subwoofer-4-ohm/dp/B00A02ZU80/ref=sr_1_19?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1390442404&sr=1-19

But the mounting depth is 5 1/2 inches that could pose a problems :S

But any suggestions would be nice, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.