Amp wiring setup questions

I am getting ready to install a fairly basic system in my car, but want to verify my amp setup before I start. It's been several years since I've installed my own system, bit I am familiar with amp installation. My question is as follows:

I am going to be installing jl audio c2 components/ coaxials as well as a kicker 8L7 2ohm. I have a jl audio 250/1 and a digital designs ss4a. I was originally going to wire the DD amp for mids and highs, and use the jl audio amp for the sub. However, the sub is 500 RMS, and obviously the jl audio amp is underpowered. My thoughts are to wire the front speakers to the front inputs of the DD amp, wire the sub bridged on the rear channels, and run the rear speakers using the jl audio amp. Will this work? Will I have front and rear adjustability? Any issues I'm not thinking of? I'm running all this off a stock head unit using a LC6I. Thanks in advance for your help.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.