anybody have any experience with this

19psi
10+ year member

Bippu
i'm not after massive bass or anything special, my truck is very loud with the exhaust and general diesel sound, i just need to elminate my current box on the back seat so i can recover some space.

how do they sound?

NEW CAR AUDIO DODGE RAM 94-01 EXT 10" CUSTOM SUB BOX - eBay (item 400072211757 end time Oct-08-09 14:46:09 PDT)

img.jpg

i'm thinking about putting some entry level RE's in it:

RE AUDIO REX10D4 REX 10" D4 DVC CAR SUBWOOFER SUB REX10 - eBay (item 300352672159 end time Oct-30-09 10:20:45 PDT)

get_image.aspx

I've got a 99 Ram and have considered that exact same box and sub combo. Post here whatever you decide to do. I'd like to know.

Thanks

Your probably not going to get a ton of bass out of it, but would work for a little added low end , I would go with the RE's though

RE's will be choked honestly, go with the kickers. I have a friend with those kickers in a similar setup and he still gets noise violation tickets.

RE's will be choked honestly, go with the kickers. I have a friend with those kickers in a similar setup and he still gets noise violation tickets.
really? hmmmm..... the specs on the RE's show they'll be good in a .35-.5 cu ft. sealed enclosure. i believe the box i'm looking at is 0.57cu ft.

you think they still won't be as good as the kickers? i'm open to going with kicker i guess, i'd rather have re's but if they won't sound as good, i'll leave them.

please do.

I have a local RE dealer. I was thinking about going down there tomorrow and asking them what they thought about building a box with those 2 10's would run and how it would sound.

I know they probably couldn't touch the price of the box. And I'm sure it's not the greatest box but considering how little room we have under our seat, it should be half way decent.

BTW what amp will you run with the Kickers?

Do you have any pictures of it installed? What type of music do you listen to? I've always wondered if the subs are downfiring would it make it "boomy".

I'm still not sure what route I will take but any other details you can give me on this would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.