Anyone got the alpine SPR 60C's?

MellowHype
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im wondering if they can take a little more power than rated. They are rated at 110 rms and i have them @ 100 rms

Just realised my amp (Alpine MRP F600 4channel) can be bridged at 4 ohm's 300 RMS x 2. Since i dont use the spare 2 channels at the moment and i dont think i will be for a while, would it be safe to run my comps bridged on either channel and then use a DMM to get to a underpowered voltage? Or even use the one bridged channel and stuff the 4 wires into each pos & neg then 300 rms split between 2 and save me re running RCA's

Or is it best to just stay with max rated rms with comps?

Am i at least correct in thinking i can wire them like this to get the 4 ohm @ 300 watts on one channel?

MRP_F600_alpine_zpsc94dfc58.png

I'm no expert by any means. So I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that question too. But from what I can see about that amp is that it's 100 watts rms per channel. So even wired like that you have the two channels bridged into one but you're running two things off it so it's still only 100 watts per channel.

I could totally be wrong though so if someone else could comment I would love to hear it.

Im wondering if they can take a little more power than rated. They are rated at 110 rms and i have them @ 100 rms
Just realised my amp (Alpine MRP F600 4channel) can be bridged at 4 ohm's 300 RMS x 2. Since i dont use the spare 2 channels at the moment and i dont think i will be for a while, would it be safe to run my comps bridged on either channel and then use a DMM to get to a underpowered voltage? Or even use the one bridged channel and stuff the 4 wires into each pos & neg then 300 rms split between 2 and save me re running RCA's

Or is it best to just stay with max rated rms with comps?
I'm no expert by any means. So I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that question too. But from what I can see about that amp is that it's 100 watts rms per channel. So even wired like that you have the two channels bridged into one but you're running two things off it so it's still only 100 watts per channel.
I could totally be wrong though so if someone else could comment I would love to hear it.
see original post

It can be wired 300 x 2 @ 4 ohm, so using the 300 x 1 channel split = 150 watts each

it can also be wired 100 x 4 @ 4 ohm or 100 x 2 & 300 x 1 @ 4 ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.