Anyone have any idea bout this?

BMG
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
here
Quick explanation, I have a 96 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the stock infinity gold amp.(ive replaced speakers and im working on the deck now). If you dont know, the stock amps arent hooked up with RCA's, they have speaker level inputs. The brilliant designer of this system didnt bother with color consistancy for the speaker wires, they change colors 3 times from the head unit to the amp to the speakers.

I need to bypass/cutout the amp as the deck im putting in has more power per channel than the amp(almost twice if my info is right on the amp) but since NONE of the colors match up anywhere its quite difficult.

here's a pic of the wiring harness that plugs into the amp. I believe the larger plug(on the right) is all input as the wires marked with green dots are power and ground. The rest of the wires i have no clue.

http://www.diablo3k.net/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=3358

if the smaller plug is all output to the speakers, there's an extra wire. Anyone have a clue what it could be? Or better yet, does anyone know for sure what wire is what(from past experience or whatever)

It doesnt. Ive bought the haynes manual, which haynes far as i know is the definitive source for diagrams and howtos, and it only mentions the radio system as if it didnt have the infinity amp. with the infinity amp, everything is different //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Get ahold of the Chrysler service manual, the one the mechanic that works at the dealership uses. It will have all the wierd options (some that you didn't even know were available probably) listed and should have a wiring schematic/pinout for the factory amp.

Or if you think about it in an abstract way, you want to get sound from your amp, to the speakers. Find out where the speaker wires go from the speaker, and you should be able to send a low volume signal to the sets of speaker wires and although it will take some time, you could figure it out that way. Most likely, if you can get at your speakers, you will find the same color wire hooked up to your speakers and the output of the amplifier.

Hope that helped, but a diagram is the best way to go.

T.J.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.