bad radio reception with amp on

BearND171
10+ year member

USA
I'm no noob by anymeans, just read what I got and you'll know that I know what I'm talking about. I'm installing my old system in my bro's car. I ran all of the wireing and installed everything and it sounds great, except for one little detail. When you have the amp on you get next to no radio stations. WTF I cannot figure this out. Every wire is shielded so there should be no interference, but I cannot figure it out.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif

When you say that you don't get any radio stations when the amp is on, have you actually tested it with the amp unplugged? I know it's a stupid question, just figure since the amp will always come on with the HU that I should ask, because maybe the antenna plug isn't in all the way.

Its funny, I was just about to post this same question. My problem is a little bit different because its only one radio station (so far) that comes in with a lot of static. Before i had my amp/subs it was fine. Now it so bad i can't listen to it, anywhere, in my car.

Well being the system I have, I installed a switch between my HU and my amp so I can turn it off at will. I have tested this. I can only get local stations when it's on, and when I turn in off I can get the distant ones with no problem.

ooh yeah and my system:

-Controlers

-Kenwoon Excelon KVT-915 DVD

-Pioneer DEQ 760 Equilizer

-Kicker 03KX3 Crossover

-Amps

-Fosgate Power 851x 4 channel

-3 Fosgate Power 1501bd's @2ohms 1500Wx1

-Speakers

-2 Fosgate Power Stage 2 12's

-1 Fosgate Power Stage 2 15

-2 Kicker Resolution RS6C's (6 1/2 in doors)

-Power

-HUGE alternator

-2 yellow top batteries in the trunk

-4 Huge caps

-accent lights that beat with the music

-Car

-J spec RSX Type-s engine with a intercooled turbo at 25psi

-19 inch rims

-100 shot of Nitrous

-custome exaust

-close to stock look outside makes it the best sleeper, till the tires put 475hp to the ground.

I have all this in my 04 Civic Coup. Amps and Speakers are in custom fiberglass that fills my whole trunk. It's about 5000 watts, enough that I cracked my back window and had to get laxan, lol. I removed the whole interior and dynamatted the **** out of it so it sounds mad clean.

If anyone want's to see it I'll be in Daytona Beach for spring break and will be entering their sound comp and car show. And don't even ask me how much I spent on it all.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

This sounds like the ant wire is grounded to the car. When the amp turns on it is feeding noise (elec) through the body of the car (which it is supposed to). Check to see if the ant wire is cracked, or if the ant itself is shorted to the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.