bass= distortion?

Participant count
  • Participant list

robertoyoung08
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area, ca
everything sounds pretty clean.

but when the sub gets too loud or hits, it seems to distort the full range sound.

wtf? is that even possible? or is the sub pulling too much from electrical or something like that?

my bad.. stupid other thread didnt post **** for some reason.

whats your crossover setting on the sub? its possible you have it crossed too high and its trying to play at full range. that might be the distortion you are hearing.

Check if you have a clean song aka not bass "enhanced"

yeah thats true! thanks for the heads up! will def take this into consideration tomorrow. cus ive only heard it with some songs, but never thought about it. hopefully this is it!

mids/highs trying to play the bass with the sub(s) and cant handle it

and how could i fix this, if this was the case?

i can understand the mids/highs trying to play the bass, but they couldnt be trying to play them from the sub, mids/highs are on separate amp from the sub amp.

whats your crossover setting on the sub? its possible you have it crossed too high and its trying to play at full range. that might be the distortion you are hearing.
and to tell the truth.. im not too good with settings the crossovers on the amps. especially not the sub amps. so im not exactly sure if the mono amp settings are right.

i have my crossovers on the full range amp at high pass and im not exactly sure what frequency its at though

Hey thanks for all of the replies. This is making the Axe even more interesting. Would be great to be able to use it on the occasional bass jobs instead of investing in a pro bass rig too. Currently have a mid-level combo bass amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.