Battery light coming on?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Raven
10+ year member

Lacking social skills!
Michigan
Ok, this is a reoccuring problem in my car. Every time I step on the gas, the low voltage battery light comes on. When this first started happening I tested it. With lights one, all accessories on, stereo on very high volume (20hz sine), and in gear, my charging system kept 14.5 volts. So I know I'm not experiencing voltage drops.

Yesterday after a little testing I've come to the conclusion that the big 3 has bypassed the idiot light voltage sensor. The change in volts/amps going from idle to on the gas is enough to make almost all the current avoid the corroded stock wire and the sensor attached. Since my stock distribution block has been upgraded as well, I know there's no ill effect.

My questions is, knowing it's not doing any harm, would you fix it?

I'd simply go behind the dash and disconnect the power going to the light //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd simply go behind the dash and disconnect the power going to the light //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yeah that's what I would do to. Stupid factory warnings. My oil light does that too.. so I unplugged it. j/k.

Funny thing is, for the first time in 8 years the check engine light doesn't come on, and I know it works. =p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Raven

10+ year member
Lacking social skills!
Raven
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date