Battery to amp fuse problem..

Participant count
  • Participant list

ascitiesburn69
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Got everything wired up tonight for a local show that got cancelled.....Anyways setup is:

Audioque 2200d

Audioque SDC2.5 10"

1/0 pos and neg run from front battery to AQ 2200d with a 250amp fuse at the front battery.

4ga pos run to Cadence txa3002 and grounded in the trunk in 4ga as well.

Basically, everytime I hook the 1/0 pos and neg coming from the AQ 2200d to the front battery, either pos or neg first, it pops the fuse going to the 2200d. This is before I turn the car/ amp on just simply when I hook it to the battery.

Could it be because I have the Cadence grounded in the trunk? The cadence works fine and have never popped a fuse on that.

I'm stumped. But would hate to waste money on more fuses......

Before anyone comments..This was a temp setup just for the comp. and the amp was to be ran at 2ohms.

If I have a short somewhere then what so should I just look for a slit in the jacket in either the pos or neg run?

Local shop charging 10$ a fuse =FTL but imma go look at some less reputable shops and hopefully there cheaper.

If I have a short somewhere then what so should I just look for a slit in the jacket in either the pos or neg run? Local shop charging 10$ a fuse =FTL but imma go look at some less reputable shops and hopefully there cheaper.
Are your amp's fuses blown?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.