Better amp to use for my type r 12's

88k5blazer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
I have came down to 2 amps to power my type r 12's. They will be ran at a 2 ohm load. The Audiobahn A8000T is rated at 800 watts rms and they jbl is rated at 600 watts rms, both at a 2 ohm load. I have read many reviews for these amps and all have been very good so right now its a toss up because they both run for about 200 on ebay. My subs are 300 rms each but i have seen people giving them ne where from 500 to 600 watts rms. Which one of these amps will make my subs hit harder and will be the most reliable?

I am kinda leaning towards the audiobahn becuase i dont know if 300 watts rms will be enough to really get the "thump" that i want but i dunno. Which would you choose?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.