Bigger amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bushtree
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
San Diego
Hey guys, right now i have 2 Entasi Audio 12" Subs in my truck. for those of you that dont know they are TC9 motor's from TC sounds (Similar to a RL-p).

anyways my current amplifier only provided 900 watts at 2 ohm. So each sub is only getting about 450 watts. These subs can easily handle 600-800 watts a piece..

My question for you guys is would upgrade my amp to one that would push say 1200-1300watts at 2ohm make a large difference in my output? THerefor each sub would be receiving about 600 watts instead of 450?

The subs are in a 2.3cu ft sealed enclousre if it makes a difference..

Thanks,

I have an RL-p and I love the way it sounds on 1200+ watts, but it does not need that much power, if you are looking for more output consider building a ported box first and see how you like it

I dont have the space to do that. My box is custom shaped to fit into my truck.. Its a center console basically... Hard to explain....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.