Blue Top Marine Battery

Dragonknell
10+ year member

Computers B4 I Could Read
Detroit
Well i was on my uncle's boat yesterday and saw he had two blue top batterys, powering an auxilary motor for this pontoon, they looked pretty sweet, and he could prolly get me some for cheap, so i was wonderin if anyone knew if they were decent, the cold crankin amps was 400

bought my D34/78 yellow top for $160 @ autozone after tax, with an exchange. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

bought my D34/78 yellow top for $160 @ autozone after tax, with an exchange. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
owch.

well now i know what im looking for =P

and it dosent do that. POS.

:fyi:consumer reports said Kirkland signature batteries are better than wal marts. Plus they have deep cycle marine/RV batteries and are crazy cheap.

no matter how big my battery gets, it wont matter, unless i replace my power inverter, if all my stuff pulls more than the inverter puts out, correct ? i.e. 90a alternator, and 1600 watts not including all the regular car stuff being drawn. and will this hurt my alternator in any way?

consumer reports said Kirkland signature batteries are better than wal marts.
heh, friend of mine had those Kirkland tires on his Avalon...worked fine, until three of them blew in one day //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif POS's

no matter how big my battery gets, it wont matter, unless i replace my power inverter, if all my stuff pulls more than the inverter puts out, correct ? i.e. 90a alternator, and 1600 watts not including all the regular car stuff being drawn. and will this hurt my alternator in any way?
i think you substituted "inverter" for "alternator" at times, but yes, you're right. Actually, a bigger battery presents a bigger load and puts more stress on the charging system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.