Box question for extended cab GMC 1500

Participant count
  • Participant list

donnieL72

Hi all, new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. I used to compete back in the early 90's but have been out of the game for quiet a few years. I competed in the ill fated WAC here in the southeast. I used to go for sound quality more than SPL.

On to the question : My 15 year old son is dead set on a pair of Sundown SA 15s for the 1996 Extended cab GMC that I am going to give him to drive. I used to build my own enclosures and plan on building one for him. According to sudnown's recommendation on their website, these subs like about 3.5 cubes each ported. The back seat is coming out and the box is going to take it's place. I am going to build him a slot ported box tuned at about 32Hz. He wants it loud and low. He listens to alot of Rap, country music, and rock. I'm undecided on the port placement. He wants the subs to be foreward firing and a gun rack built on top of it because he's really into hunting.

So, with the subs firing foreward would it be best if the ports were to the front or the top? I am also torn about building a single chamber box or one for each sub. He's going for loudness and I always built multi-chamber boxes in the past.

Any help would be appreciated.

single chamber box, subs forward/port up work really well. Or subs and port up.

But you said a gunrack is gonna be on top of the box, so I'd do subs forward with the port facing up on either passenger or driver side

Both firing forward doesn't work as well in ext. cab trucks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.