Box tuning?

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
Hey guy this is probly a stupid question but there is supposedly no such thing as a stupid question so here goes.

I just built my first ported box for some cerwin vega vega 12d4's and followed the manufactures specifications: 2 cubic feet per sub and a port 4 inches in diameter and 10.75 inches long. I did all of this fine for each sub but now im confused, im supposed to tune the box to 35 hz. Is this what it is tuned to automatically if i built the box correctly? Or is there further steps that i need to do? Any other advice for finishing up my first box? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Id post a pic but i dont have a digital camera, sorry.

Your tuning the box included the port legnth and diameter according to the overall volume, differing these two variables will alter the overall tune. If you followed the manuf. suggested specs as you described your box should be tuned properly to 35hz. Congrats, and hope your happy with your craftsmanship, always feels rewarding to do something yourself.

If you have any other questions just ask, ported boxes are rather simple you just have to figure out what the heck all the unfamiliar #'s mean.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.