box yes or no

limitkid7
5,000+ posts

sell wite
GA
I'm getting a ported box, but what do you all think about this kind of front? I like the bars and i was thinking about getting them this time w/my setup. Makes for sub harder to take out of box, i can put stuff in my trunk and not worry about surround getting all scarred up.... opinions are welcome (we got about 5 hours before i need to decide).

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/images/enlarged/CLS113RW7G.html

I kinda like it.. looks kinda like a planet with rings around it. Going for that ultra-space age look? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

no not really, i just don't like the grilles that jl has for any of their speakers. These rods would serve its purpose, for when i hve bags inthe trunk now i won't have to worry about how things were setup (i can just throw stuff in the trunk (hoping that it doesn't get into my port, lol)

i havent looked into sub grilles so i could be wrong. however, from the picture it looks to me like the bars wouldnt really protect the sub all that much since they are spaced so far apart, kind of defeating the purpose of a grille.

I like that look. Its different, that is for sure. The trade of is that its going to give you some level of protection, but not as much as a grille might offer.

As a level of protection, I would go with this over nothing. And in terms of appearance, I would go with this over the grille.

so does spending tons of $ on equipment with a throw in install. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.