Bridging 4ch Amp

sdime808

HI
I thought I read another thread about this but I can't find it, sorry if its a repost!

I want to bridge my 4 ch amp for my boston components up front. But from what I understand bridging makes the ch mono. How can I bridge the amp while keeping it in stereo? Is this possible?

i dont have experience with bridging, but if your trying to bridge all 4 channels together then it will be mono. if your briding channel 1 & 2 toghether, in additon to channel 3 & 4 as a seperate channel then you will have two channels, so it could be stereo then.

this is just what i think, i dont have experience, so i could be completely wrong.

some amps have switch for 2 or 4 channel. you will just use one set of inputs and both sets of speaker outputs in bridged mode.

it's easy.

Connect a pair of y cables to the front outputs from your HU.

Connect both L's to ch 1/2, and both R's to channel 3/4. Or vice versa.

Bridge it.

That's all there is to it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.