can 2 edks handle an jbl 1200.1

im gonna put them in a sealed box roughly around .6-.7ft sealed cuz its goin in a reg cab truck there gonna be in seperate boxs with an amp rack in the middle..so you think i should keep the gain down a lil to were they get around 500-550wrms each?

well it dont matter if he got the dvc 4 or the single 4ohm subs the amp will still be puttin out close to the smae power at 1 and 2ohms, but yea keep the gains down a lil, i had my 12k with about 400 watts and it could hardly take it, but mine was also in like a 3 cubic foot ported box

yeah, keep the gains way down...and in that small of a sealed box they should be able to handle it. Don't be a volume master either...lol. AND on the other hand, the old 03' e-logo 12k's could take it easily...man i wish that was the same now...oh well i still have mine e-logo 12k's...**** good subs. peace

NG

if u get the 4 ohm svc ones then yes..
but the dvc 4ohms wired @ 2ohms, NO!
I disagree. When I had my K's i had the DVC versions and they ran fine with the jbl 1200.1 I had them on. If you looked at the power handeling chart (if its still on ED's website) they were just within the maximum recomended range. Though I did keep the gains down, I like to keep on the safe side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.