Can anyone tell me about anaba and clif designs

therealciviczc

Ohio
I tried to read up a little on this, but someone here probably can explain this really well.

I used to use Clif designs speakers back in the mid/late 90s. I loved the sound, quality, service, etc. I stopped messing with car audio while I was in college. A few years ago I decided to get a decent car stereo and started looking for Clif Designs speakers. There were none to be found anywhere. I eventually traced Clif to a company called JBC and to CDT audio. CDT told me that they had the designer/engineer from Clif, but they wanted to be clear that they were NOT the same as Clif. I never found anything out about JBC... but I'd like to know more.

Fast forward to now... Clif designs is suddenly making speakers again. I bought a used set of the new ones off of ebay, and while searching for more info about a Clif Amp to go with them, I find out that they are now an Anaba Group company. The speaker still seem to be of decent quality (going on appearance and specs) but I haven't installed them yet. Are these the same as the old Clif Designs speakers? Are they still good? Should I avoid them due to their association with Anaba? Can anyone tell me what exactly happened to Clif Designs and why it seems like everyone I talked to wanted to be clear that they weren't Clif Designs?

Sorry for the long first post, but I'm very curious and hoping some insider can tell me the details.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.