Can I run 8 gauge wire to a Kicker ZX400.1 instead of 4?

XxBigZ23xX

Hello! I ordered a Kicker ZX400.1 to push my CVT12 and looked up the manual and it said that you should run the amp with 4 gauge. I really don't want to run another power wire, but I will if I have to. I was eventually going to upgrade from 8 to 4 but not immediately. Also, if I would run 4 gauge, could my electrical system still supply enough power to support the amp and supply everything else? -Thanks

I recommend just getting some CCA 4ga. Might cost you a few bucks but will be worth it down the road. If you already have the 8ga it should be fine as long as its fused to 50amps which I believe most are.

I ran 8 gauge to mine with my very first setup. Also stuffed 1/0 in it when I needed a temp setup.. lol

Miss that little amp. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.