can I run speaker wire next to my power?

Ryde _Or_Die
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, FL
Well I have my power run on my drivers side and my amps under my back seats. If I'm going to get the high pitch sound thats RPM-dependant I won't run the speaker wire on the drivers side I guess. But it will be pretty hard not to do it that way. Please let me know ASAP. I'm mid-install. Thanks.

Oh and what should I set my crossovers to? They are the CDTs. Looks like I have -3, 0, or 3. I have them at 0 right now.

same here. i made my best effort to run my everything away from my power, but i finally broke down and ran my passenger door speaker wire alongside it. this was because i didn't want to run it longer than my driver door wire. i could have cut both wires to match, and just stuffed the excess wire for the driver side into the kick panel, but that would have probably started to introduce noise and signal degradation anyway, so i figured i'd take a chance. ZERO noise. lucky, i guess.

abe m.

MAYLAR
any wire can pick up noise. Space the install by at least 1 to 2 feet. and you will be ok
He never said that they CAN'T, he said that they DON'T, there is a huge difference. It would take some kind of major fluxuating mag field to induce audible noise in a relatively high voltage speaker wire. That kind of field does not typically exist in the cabin of a car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.