Cannot get Sketchup to push/pull out a speaker hole...

germanyt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I've watched a dozen vids and they all say after grouping the board into one just make your circle and push/pull it backwards to remove it. Doesn't work. It just pulls a cylinder into the box and it doesn't even remove the .75 thickness first. What should I do? Thanks.

[quote name='CSCStang']One reason on among many why I don't use it. Don't have the time or patience lol. I'm just old school, it's all in my head and I transfer it to the wood. Hit up @The_Dealer[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm just toying around with it for the first time but I like the idea of keeping custom designs organized electronically. Not sure if this will be a permanent tool though.

If the board has been grouped already you have to edit the group or it won't work. Double click the group. It should gray out all the other board, then make the circle inside the group, then push/pull it. That should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dont group any parts. draw it all as one. select everything , right click the anywhere on the box, click explode. this will degroup anything that is grouped. if you drew the circle on the outter face, use the push pull tool, select the circle, then put the pointer/tool on the inside layer of the baffle (any edge or plane) and click.if it counter bores and leaves a a piece still in the circle, right click and delete

I wish I could push pull a roundover on all verticle and horizontal edges. It stops the push pull where the roundover starts on the adjacent edge. And I'm finding that putting too many lines and circles and grouping/exploding too much really screws with the program. Do too much to a board now and later try to paint it or group it and it doesn't do right. Still a cool program.

i don't get too carried away with aesthetics, i mostly use it to plan my assembly and joints. note that the wood you buy may be smaller than nominal size which can throw off your measurements a bit.

i add dimensions suitable for building. you'll use your router wherever you need anyway, but drawing them in may help in not forgetting to do it.

i agree that getting the boards and all angles drawn before you push/pull is how you get it to look right the first time.

I've watched a dozen vids and they all say after grouping the board into one just make your circle and push/pull it backwards to remove it. Doesn't work. It just pulls a cylinder into the box and it doesn't even remove the .75 thickness first. What should I do? Thanks.

Next time click the inside of the cutout and push it towards the inside of the box. It doesn't matter how far, then on the keyboard hit 0.75 enter. Voila, easy sub cutout. It's the f'n double baffle ones the make me want to kick s**t out of the motherf***ing window.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.