Can't hear subs outside of Dodge Ram

DodgeRamWarrior

I got a 95' Dodge Ram Standard Cab and I have 3 JL 10's hooked up to 3 Rockford Fosgate Amps. All I hear is the **** rattlin' from the subs hitting... can't hear any bass hits or anything unless my windows are all down and I have on LIL JOHN or DMX. What is the problem?

Why is that a problem? Because you want to impress all those 40 year old women with your awsome bass? C'mon, bump responsibly, don't try to impress everyone by making it loud outside the car, because trust me... NOBODY cares about what you are listening to, they care about what they are listening to.

Anyways, for a little bit of help in this otherwise scathing post, ANT from http://www.secondskinaudio.com sells really great and inexpensive sound deadening that will stop those rattles.

Some people pay money to make their subs sound quiet outside! Be thankful for what you have... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Rattlin is a common prob with people who just throw together an install.Ur getting alot of movement out of 3 subs therefore dynamat might be in ur future.And as always bump reponsibly.

I got a 95' Dodge Ram Standard Cab and I have 3 JL 10's hooked up to 3 Rockford Fosgate Amps. All I hear is the **** rattlin' from the subs hitting... can't hear any bass hits or anything unless my windows are all down and I have on LIL JOHN or DMX. What is the problem?
There is nothing wrong with wanting to be heard on the outside. That is just another segment or class of subwoofer mindset. One is not automatically going to be heard on the outside of their automobile just because they think they have a powerful system. It usually takes a mega powerful system to be heard on the outside, especially with your windows up. Remember, if you are being heard on the outside, your head and body is probably being blown away in the inside. Heard on the outside from a trunk enclosure may be a little less punishing.
I would agree that uncontrolled outside booming could set off car alarms and disturb houses, and other automobiles in the area. Some states have laws, such as a 50ft law. To be responsible you should have a separate volume control for the sub enclosure, if your intentions are to be heard substantially on the outside. There is a time and place for everything, that includes driving up a street booming, or providing the super boom music in a parking lot party, or in the appropriate area. Just be ready to control it.

My duel 15" bandpass enclosure (seen in picture), running a comfortable 1000 watts steady, pushes major air regardless of whether yall like my stinking Xplod's or what. It huffs and puffs, rocks and knocks, shivers da body, and probably if used too much, will eventually invent more rattles than I have now (plus in my head). Well . . . life goes on.

As far as your rattles, my best advice is find the rattles one by one and try to eliminate them using various methods when you have the time. Dynamat is not necessarily going to stop a rattle. Stopping a rattle is going to stop a rattle. Don't believe the hype (Flavor Flav).

A lot of new cars, SUV's like mine are very sound proof inside. So trying to have your windows rolled up and still hear it is defeating the purpose of a sound proof interior. If they hear it, they hear it. If they don't, they don't. But don't go out your you way to make them hear it.

Personally, I am not trying to make an achievement of having my system being heard on the outside. It's just that it rattles a bit. I don't want to have the rattles heard. That does not mean I want the music heard on the outside. I am not trying to get a ticket or set off car alarms. But I do know, when it is time to throw down . . . I can lift up my back door, and roll down the windows, and crank a yard party, parking lot jam, or whatever . . . cuz that is how I am livin. People depend on me to carry it like that. You have to decide how you want to carry it.

DCMax22 (The Professor)

Some people pay money to make their subs sound quiet outside! Be thankful for what you have... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Exactly. Fix your rattles and you'll be envied by a lot of people on this forum. Like he said ^ some people pay a lot of money to have a car that is quiet from the outside.

personally, i'd prefer to keep the sound in my vehicle with the windows up. im not there to supply people walking down the street with something to dance by. like dcmax said, theres a time and place for that. to eliminate rattles, there are a lot of options, expanding foam, mat dampener, liquid dampener, etc. find where two pieces of metal are hitting each other when sound wave move them (rattle), and keep them from touching. thats the only way to get rid of rattle/sonic vibration

Nothing sounds worse than a car/truck trying to bump and all u hear is rattle,rattle and whats supposed to sound like music.9 out of 10 cars/trucks that i hear like this have no highs and distorted music.What im trying to say is that not everone is going to hear u nor should hear u.If ur truck isnt a show truck then theres no need to be heard.

I agree that nothing sounds worse then hearing a car/truck with a system but mostly all you can hear is the rattles. I still got rattles when I turn it up to volume 18... I've got about 160sqft or so of sound deadeners in my truck. In some cases no matter what you do it will still rattle, but I will still get more deadeners when I get the cash and "TRY" to stop all the rattles. As for trying to be heard from the outside... to all their own I guess.

Hey alpine its nice to see guys working on there rattles.Too many people driving around with rattles and no bass.u def have the right idea.Hey do u have a alpine 9815?just wonderring if u do, how do u like it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.